What Personal Information Does Caribaguide Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Services or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, birthday, Twitter and/or Facebook usernames, location, use information regarding your use of our Services, and browser information. We automatically receive your location when you use the Services. We use various technologies to determine location, such as location services of the applicable operating system or browser and sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi- access points and cell towers. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Services, improving the content of the Services, customizing the advertising and content you and your friends see (including Caribaguide or third-party advertising or content), and communicating with you about specials and new features. Your Services account will be associated with your email (and optionally a phone number) and this account will be used for all our Services that you use. Information you provide to one of our Services may be used with other Services you or your friends use. For example, location information we receive in connection with your use of one of our apps may be used to customize the content you and your friends see in another of our apps. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
How is My Information Shared?
- Friends and Followers:
- Friends on Swarm and Caribaguide (prior to version 8.0.0): Your friends can see, for example, your location (as described in more detail below), name, email, phone number, profile photo, hometown, mayorships and badges, links to your Twitter and Facebook accounts (if you have connected those accounts to your Caribaguide account), a list of your friends, plans you write or comment on, photos you post, tips you write, and which Caribaguide Services you use.
- Followers and people you follow on Caribaguide (version 8.0.0 and later): Followers can see your publicly available information and you can see the publicly available information of users you follow, as described below (under “Publicly Available Information, the Caribaguide API, and Apps”).
- Individuals reading this information may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in comments, plans or tips or other content (location or otherwise) that you create in the Services.
- Businesses, Locations, Events and Brands: One of the key purposes of the Services is to help users learn about businesses, locations, events and brands (for example, a TV show, a TV personality, newspaper or a consumer good that manages a page on the Service) that are relevant to them, and for these entities to provide information about themselves, their locations and events to users, as well as to reward users when they visit their location or event through offers and specials. When you visit to a particular location that is a ‘claimed location’ your visits are shared with that location in order for it to better provide services to you. Additionally, brands may have access to aggregated and anonymous data, such as de-identified data about places that its followers visit (that is, not tied to individual users).
- Publicly Available Information, the Caribaguide API, and Apps: When you use the Services, certain information is public, such as your public user profile information, tips, likes, saves, public photos, lists that you create and save, tastes, badges, mayorships, and lists of friends and/or followers (as applicable to a particular Service), and may be searchable by search engines and be shared with or disclosed to third parties, including through our API to a wide range of users and services. We may also share or disclose aggregated and anonymous data, such as de-identified check-in data (that is, not tied to individual users), to third parties, including users you may follow and users of our API, for analytical or other purposes.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Our agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us, and they provide a comparable level of protection for your Personal Information.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your Caribaguide account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Caribaguide endeavors to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private. However, Caribaguide cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What If I Have Questions Or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send a detailed message to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.